We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our growing IT team and build out the next generation of our platforms. They will be a key leader for our businesses focused on Maintenance of Way equipment, having the opportunity to work on projects related to NextGen eCommerce platforms, Warehouse Management System and other pivotal efforts enabling digital transformation. The ideal candidate is a hands-on project manager, has significant experience in developing software solutions and IT third party technical relationship management. The successful candidate must have strong firsthand expertise in software development and understanding complex enterprise systems. They must be at ease working in an agile/hybrid-agile environment with little supervision. They should embody a passion for continuous improvement and data driven efforts. Ideally candidates need to be located close to Milwaukee, Wisconsin on a hybrid work arrangement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine problem statement, value story, process impact and solution design
- Responsible to coordinate efforts for complete project & product lifecycle from conception to delivery and ongoing maintenance
- Act as a point of escalation and stakeholder for local sites leadership on IT business applications needs, being a true business partner to them and face of IT
- Translate product needs into quality requirements for stakeholders and project teams
- Define solution boundaries and scope of the deliverables
- Conduct analysis on current and future desired state
- Facilitate meetings/workshops with stakeholders to review requirements, deliverables, issues, and risks
- Specification and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Working with the Product Owner to break features into stories
- Produce training and other supporting documentation
- Identify and define any areas of improvement
- Represent the product throughout the project lifecycle to ensure requirements are met, tested, and implemented successfully
- Assisting technically in training and coaching professional and technical staff
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the product analysis methodology
- Accountable for the DevOps lifecycle of managed apps, including handover of sustain structure to third parties or other application support teams
- Able and willing to travel up to 20%. Travel includes but is not limited to driving a vehicle to other Wabtec facilities, or air travel, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years of program & product management experience, specifically in software engineering space
- Minimum 3 years of experience in documenting product requirements to a medium or large-scale organization for both IT and product applications
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Effective product requirement gathering, analysis, and documenting Desktop, Web, and Mobile applications
- Ability to use tools to model processes as part of requirements gathering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise, and create solutions
- Ability to respond positively to feedback, and implement change in process and procedures as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills – Communicate and guide technical teams across geographies; high energy and influencing ability.
- Ability to lead problem-solving; ensure timely decision making, accountability Lead by example, manage and resolve conflict
- Effective time management – Should be able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Customer focus – Strong Quality mindset to ensure Customer Satisfaction, Understand Customer’s needs, their product context and become their face inside the organization
- Project Management knowledge & skills – Strong knowledge on contracts, claims, planning & project management tools, insurance claims; ability to learn products & technologies
- Communication management – Strong communication & negotiation skills, stakeholder management ability
- Employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Employee is regularly required to work with a computer for 8 hours at a time, with minimal breaks.
- Employee might be required to move office computer/networking around occasionally
- The Position requires the employee to be on-site to enable effective collaboration with various stakeholders and continually assess site technology needs to perform daily duties and responsibilities.
- Requires significant face-to-face interaction with employees on production line and other functions at the site.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment generally free of disagreeable conditions, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
Relocation Assistance not provided