Director, Major Gifts, Strategic Initiatives and Planned Giving
Malden Catholic High School (“MC”) is a Xaverian Brothers-sponsored school of 777 students in Malden, Massachusetts. MC is looking for a highly-motivated individual to help the school in implementing its Strategic Plan, which will likely result in a near-term Capital Campaign. An all-boys high school since 1932, MC launched an all-girls division in 2018 which is now the largest all-girls high school in the state. The school’s unique co-divisional model (single sex education with mixed co-curriculars) has transformed the school, setting up a Strategic Plan to permanently reshape the school’s future, including the probable large-scale development of adjoining land.
- Build and manage a prospect pool of approximately 50-100 individuals capable of making “Major Gifts” of $25,000 or more annually or $100,000+ over a multi-year period; cultivate, solicit, and close numerous six and seven-figure larger gifts in a complex environment.
- Work closely with alumni, parents and friends of the school to identify and build the prospect pool at the Major Gift level to create a pipeline for future Campaign.
- Build and cultivate prospects for the Brother Gilbert Planned Giving Society.
- Build and deepen productive relationships with donors and prospects, manage and initiate all activity in alignment with the school’s priorities.
- Conduct independent research to identify new prospects and to learn more about known prospects.
- Develop and execute thoughtful strategies for stewardship, cultivation and engagement for new donors.
- He/she will report to the President and Vice President of Advancement and will keep the school progressing towards established milestones in its Strategic Plan.
To qualify, you must have:
- BA degree plus a minimum 8 years of progressive experience in fundraising and/or development
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit and close six and seven-figure gifts in a complex environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, leadership, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Understanding of all gift vehicles including Planned and Complex gifts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a highly complex and changing environment
- Passion for the mission of serving the families of Malden and the surrounding communities in a Catholic environment
- Some travel and flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed is required.
Compensation: Malden Catholic strives to offer competitive pay commensurate with an individual’s background and qualifications. Work Flexibility: The role will have a high amount of location flexibility.