Field Service Representative
This is a Full-Time
position in Rochester, MN
posted January 24, 2023.
Diebold Nixdorf is a leading global developer and manufacturer of retail/banking. We are currently seeking an Intermediate Field Service Technician. You would be expected to perform intermediate installation and minor repairs on all Diebold Nixdorf products and services. This includes scheduled cleanings and other intermediate maintenance on conventional products such as locks, vaults, etc. as well as special project work, as needed. This position may require the use of basic and intermediate hand tools, limited parts and a broad understanding of PC, PC peripherals and network connectivity. Install, debug and provide technical maintenance for hardware and software of products and components within assigned area of responsibility mainly at customer´s premises.
- Incident Handling: Perform trouble shooting via detailed analysis of HW and SW failures with the usage of all available diagnostic tools. This includes repair of HW on component level, cleaning and adjustment of mechanical components and configuration and installation of SW.
- Preventive Maintenance: Perform routine checks according to documented preventative maintenance procedures and refill consumables as directed.
- IMAC/R: Perform Installation, Movement, Addition, Change and Removal of hardware and software products and components as directed.
- Customer Training: Instruct and train customers on usage and operation of installed HW and SW.
- Process Tasks: Receive briefing for incidents and orders from dispatch function. Update dispatch function of all unforeseen issues. Provide detailed debriefing on all performed activities. Proactively inform customers about performed actions.
- Continuous Improvement Process: Observe technical or process problems at all times, proactively inform about potential problems and offer improvement suggestions if possible.
- Actively use corporate tools and processes for knowledge sharing, e.g. knowledge base to find solutions and provide input for it.
- Training: Participate in regular hardware and software trainings (on the job, classroom trainings and web-based trainings) according to the corporate training concept and receive certification after passing relevant test.
- Proven track record of more than 1 year Service Technician experience.
- Successfully completed education in IT- or mechatronic/electronic-related profession.
- In individual cases it is possible to assign the job to an employee, if the essential professional knowledge is acquired by work experience.
- PC literacy and good knowledge and application of the relevant tools and methods.
- Product knowledge of relevant industry and basic ITIL skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and move heavy loads, stand most of the day, climb, bend and stoop while working on equipment.
- Acceptance of exposure to the outside elements.
- Shift adaptability, which would include an on call rotation for evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed.
- Ability to organize and inventory truck stock parts and tools.
- Sense of urgency, organizational skills, professional presence and work in team environment.
- Ability to pass MVR, background and drug test where required.
- Service Technician work experience preferred.
- Vocational/Trade School preferred