Aspen Skiing Company
Aspen is one of the world’s premiere destinations for inspiration and transformation at the intersection of recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company was founded 75 years ago following World War Two in a moment of vision and renewal.
With a purpose deeply rooted in expanding possibilities, we are company driven by its values and our people.
We operate four mountain resorts (Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star, Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen, Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.
The Snowmaker Basic is responsible for ensuring an exceptional guest experience by producing quality snow conditions across our resorts. The Snowmaker position is weather-dependent and supports day-to-day operations, working as part of a team to establish and maintain adequate snow coverage until conditions no longer require snowmaking efforts.
Essential Job Functions
• Operation of various snowmaking equipment including shovels, guns, hoses, hydrants, etc. according to ASC service and safety standards
• Transportation of snowmaking equipment, including driving vehicles including trucks, 4-wheelers, side-by-sides and snowmobiles on variable terrain
• Develop an understanding of mountain layout and snowmobile routes
• Monitor quality of snow and makes adjustments as needed
• Recognize and communicate hazards within the snowmaking system
• Assists in maintenance and repair of snowmaking guns and snowmobiles
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License required
• High school degree or equivalent preferred
• Must pass ASC and Colorado snowmobile test
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Works under direct supervision of the Snowmaking Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces. Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 100 lbs individually or with assistance. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here