Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology
Mackinnon Bruce International
Mackinnon Bruce International are partnered with a rapidly growing, Boston-based start-up, who’s focus is to develop a highly-innovative and cutting edge DNA-based storage solution and computation platform to preserve and compute the world’s most valuable data. They are searching for a Senior Scientist with a Molecular or Synthetic Biology background to join the expanding team of Life Scientists, Engineers, and Computer Scientists.
- Lead R&D activities for novel methods to synthesize, sort, modify and read DNA.
- Benchmark new technologies by translating bench protocols to fully automated solutions at scale.
- Develop and validate new DNA-based assays.
- Invent new methods for assembling, manipulating, and sequencing DNA.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to implement new technologies into the end-to-end platform.
- Mentor Scientists and Research Associates.
- Analyse data, present findings, and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- PhD (ideal) or MSc in Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or other Life Science degree.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience.
- Experience in the development of novel techniques for nucleic acid manipulation, purification, or sequencing.
- Prior success in scaling up benchtop processes.
- Experience with long-read, solid state, and/or protein sequencing is preferred.
Note: Junior level also available.
If you are interested in this position, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange a confidential discussion either via LinkedIn or email: [email protected]