Kamatics Corp. Defunct
– All Levels Day ShiftsRequisition ID 2022-7359Category MachinistsSegment Kaman AerospaceShift Shift 1# of Openings 1OverviewWe have an exciting opportunities for a dynamic and motivated Machinist at all levels (A, B & C) on day shifts for our team in Bloomfield, CT.
Each position performs specific machining operations as part of the production process in the assigned cell.First Shift (Day) Hours are 6AM
– this includes one hour of mandatory overtime at the front end of shift for a required 45 hour week.OT pay is 1.5x the hourly rate for all hours in excess of 40 in a week.Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, is solving the challenges of tomorrow, today.
Our products are used in space, aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
As an industry leader we design, test and manufacture the highest performing, self-lubricating, roller element, metal to metal and miniature bearings in the industry.You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits offering including a 100% dollar for dollar match on the first 5% you contribute to the plan along with generous time-off programs.
Team players with a passion for excellence should apply.Come see what we are about: Kaman Specialty Bearing on YouTubeEssential Duties and Responsibilities
– Machinist A: Independently sets up, adjusts, troubleshoots, checks out programming and operates all standard axis (2 Lathe, 3 Mill) CNC machine tools to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations.
Works on a diversified line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications.
Setups involve understanding of program formats involving combinations of operations such as milling, boring, recessing, turning, drilling, threading, screw machine operation, etc., to the capacity of the machine and control factor.
– May provide technical supervision, training, set-up, tool adjustment, trouble shooting, etc., support to others.
– Checks parts for conformance to specifications.
Speeds, feeds and tooling may be prescribed
– Machinist B: Sets up and performs machining operations on two or more complex machines in the cell.
Works from programs, operation sheets and machine set-up instructions.
Ability to work with material clamping methods, machine adjustments/offsets and console settings.
Work to close tolerances.
Operations may include drilling, honing, boring, milling and turning, screw machine operation, etc.
– Machinist C: With technical support, sets up, operates and adjusts machine within assigned production cell.
Make adjustments to meet customer requirements.
Work to close tolerances.
Operations may include drilling, honing, boring, milling and turning, screw machine operation, etc.Foundational Competencies (All Levels):
– Can be relied upon to complete work with the appropriate level of supervision and direction; carries out instructions accurately; punctual
– Quality & Continuous Improvement
– Optimizes efficiency without sacrificing quality; demonstrates attention to detail; participates in formal and informal improvement efforts
– Effectively communicates and ensures the message intended is the message received
– Teamwork and Collaboration
– Contributes to positive relationships; works collaboratively with others
– Safety and Compliance
– Employs safe work habits and complies with all safety protocols; employs good housekeeping practices; reports safety violations promptly; adheres to company policiesQualificationsMachinist AEducation: HS Diploma or GED,Experience: 5 years manufacturing experience as a CNC MachinistMachinist BEducation: HS Diploma or GEDExperience: 3 years manufacturing experienceMachinist CEducation: HS Diploma or GEDExperience: 1 year manufacturing experience#KAMKaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action EmployerKaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all.
Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process.
Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals.
Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S.
Permanent Residence, or U.S.
All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.PI196785218