At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing.
Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges.
Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings.
As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies.
Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.The Innovation DBS Leader is responsible for promoting and leading implementation of the Danaher Business System (DBS) along the Cepheid Innovation Workstream, from strategy through project execution.
They will be results-driven with a strong and proven ability to facilitate effective use of DBS tools.The position is part of the DBS (Danaher Business System) Organization will report to the Director Innovation DBSL.
They will be accountable for enabling core growth from innovation through implementation and sustainment of continuous improvements to critical processes, peer mentoring, sustaining the Cepheid community of DBS experts and collaboration with leadership.
At Cepheid, we focus on delivering a Better Way to improve patient outcomes by enabling access to molecular diagnostic testing everywhere.In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
– Drive improved core growth through innovation by leveraging the DBS Growth Tools to develop and implement standard work to perform industry analysis, proprietary customer segmentation, market share and competitive analysis or other areas deemed critical by the Strategic Innovation Review (SIR) team to link business priorities to the strategic plan and reflected on the innovation roadmap.
– Work with Cepheid leaders to leverage their understanding of market dynamics to improve performance on the Innovation Equation and better focus their efforts using Problem to Portfolio and / or Customer-centric Product Definition.
– Support organization development and individual Cepheid associate development to achieve increased capability and competency in the areas of customer insight, market insight and strategic insight with the goal of improving portfolio value and achieve higher revenue achievement on new product launches.
– Lead and facilitate the development and management of DBS across business units and across functional areas focused on Program Management, Bio-R&D, Marketing and Engineering to achieve annual targets, department level goals, and project level KPI’s.
This includes installation and consistent use of daily management (DM) and problem-solving processes (PSP).
– Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching.
Augment with additional resources (DBSO, outside resources) where applicable, and improve DBS training and facilitation by pursuing certification in DBS tools for yourself and others, including managing a funnel of experts.The essential requirements of the job include:
– Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of relevant work experience OR MBA or Master’s degree in advanced Engineering, Science or Medical field preferred with 8+ years of related work experience OR Doctoral degree (M.D.
or Ph.D.) in afore mentioned fields with 4+ years of work experience.
– Proven ability to consistently deliver results while influencing leaders without authority.
– Must possess the market and technical acumen to be credible with both Product Marketing, Research and Engineering organizations demonstrated with experience as a practitioner in Marketing, Strategic Marketing, New product development management and / or leadership.
– Proven ability to thoughtfully apply DBS to Innovation or NPD activities and teams to drive growth
– Travel ability is mandatory (domestic and international), expectations for this role are ~20-25%% if based in San Fran Bay Area and 35-50% if based outside that area.I would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
– 4+ years at Danaher or a sister company with a passion for DBS and experience in applying DBS principles to strategy and / or bringing new product to market – ideally in more than one operating company
– Installing and / or facilitating visual project management, program management, portfolio planning groups (PPG), roadmaps and resource models within a business or business unit
– Participating in insight stage of Strategic Planning
– demonstrated ability to turn research insights into policy deployment initiatives.At Cepheid we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce.
We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement.
This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home.
Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team.
Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Cepheid can provide.Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives.
Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.Com.The salary range OR the hourly range for this role is 140,000 – 160,000.
This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting.
We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado.
This range may be modified in the future.This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win.
As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.
Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.