Continuous Improvement Engineer
Solar Innovations® Architectural Glazing Systems
This is a Full-Time
position in Pine Grove, PA
posted January 24, 2023.
About The Job
Drive improvements through all facets of the production process. When quality issues are identified, you will problem solve, identify solutions, implement changes, and audit process. You will work collaboratively with the team to reduce costs and improve output and efficiencies the production process and will also support capital projects.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through associate development, involvement, and training
- Lead and facilitate process improvements and strategic capital projects
- Drive process improvements through facilitating focused events for 5S, kaizen, SMED
- Lead cross functional teams in utilizing value stream mapping to define current and future state
- Support the development and use of plant standards for 5S and visual management
- Deliver continuous improvement related training material to both hourly and salary associates
- Coach teams to identify wastes and how to reduce waste using Lean tools and root cause analysis
- Lead improvements in material flow, material handling, and layout (ex. Kanban)
- Collaborate with plant and corporate Continuous Improvement teams to share best practices
- 4-yr technical degree in related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of lean, 6 Sigma, Kaizen or continuous improvement experience
- Knowledge and application of improvement tools including PDCA, SMED, VSM, 8D Problem Solving, and 5 required
- Must have passion and drive to continuously improve
- Proven & effective facilitation, leadership, mentoring, and training skills needed
- Ideal candidates will have a degree in an Industrial or Industrial Systems Engineering field
- Six Sigma certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.