EMC Mechanical Services is searching for a Plumbing Foreman to join our team! The Plumbing Foreman is a “hands-on” role that will directly supervise plumbing mechanics, pipe welders, pipe fitters, and plumbing helpers across various construction sites.
EMC Mechanical Services is the employer of choice for Commercial HVAC and Plumbing professionals in Richmond, VA! If you are looking for a company with over a century of experience, an outstanding reputation, financial strength, and a growing clientele base, then look to EMC Mechanical Services. EMC has served the greater Richmond area since 1898 and despite mergers and changes in the industry, EMC Mechanical Services remains a hometown company with hometown values. Additionally, EMC provides its’ employees with more than just benefits, such as: work-life balance, paid training and apprenticeships, wellness programs, and so much more. Apply now if you would like to work for an organization centered on the core values of Humility, Integrity, and Respect!
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Able to layout plumbing, gas, and HVAC piping systems.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure a complete and working system for the end user.
- Must have knowledge of various systems’ local codes.
- Must be able to work in a safe and professional manner.
- Inspects job progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that all required specifications are met.
- Supervises, coordinates, and schedules the assignments of employees.
- Assigns work to employees, based on job requirements and qualifications.
- Coordinates work activities with overall construction project goals and deadlines.
- Orders materials and supplies as necessary.
- Trains employees in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Provides assistance to employees on job sites as needed, using hand tools or other equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 5 years of Commercial Plumbing experience is required.
- At least 3 years of supervisory or management experience is required.
- Journeyman/Master Plumbing License is preferred, but not required.
- Familiar with Project Management software.
- Able to communicate effectively with employees both verbally and in writing.
- Able to read and effectively interpret blueprints and other construction materials.
- Able to make effective decisions and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leader with the ability to motivate others.
- Must be able to crawl, kneel, squat, and climb.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis, unassisted.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
EMC Mechanical Services is proud to offer a multitude of benefits for its employees and their families, these benefits include the following:
- A diverse, family-oriented company culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- A 401K with both Roth and Traditional pre-tax options, managed through Empower with a company match of 25% – up to 6% of your annual income
- Medical Insurance coverage through Anthem – 3 plan options available
- Health Savings Account available through qualifying medical plans
- Dental Insurance coverage through Delta Dental – 2 plan options available
- Vision Insurance coverage through EyeMed.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Apprenticeship Training Programs
- Employee Discounts on Woodfin services
- Scholarship opportunities for employees and their immediate family
- Opportunities for cross training and career development
- PTO available upon hire
- Employee Assistance Program
At EMC Mechanical Services we are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, gender, pregnancy, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge.