At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first – always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Pay Ranges from $15.50 to $19.35 depending on position placed in.
Health Benefits on day 60
401(k) with Company Match
Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
· Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
· Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
· Clean and organized work area.
· Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
· Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
· Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
· Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to comprehend simple instructions
• Ability to apply common sense.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
• Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
• Ability to multitask and work quickly
• Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
• Must have good communication skills.
• Good hand and eye coordination required.
• High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Food or production experience preferred.