We are looking for a Battery Engineer! As part of the Center of Excellence and in close collaboration with OEM Product Groups, your work will help reduce diesel emissions and greenhouse gasses by the reduction in capacity of or replacement of current power modules with cleaner and more environmentally friendly alternatives such as advanced battery technologies.
You will provide the expertise to investigate, procure, and more accurately specify the best battery system solution for the intended applications. You will help to standardize components, suppliers, and evaluations of battery system solutions. This position requires problem solving skills with the ability to provide conceptual and strategic solutions. The work you do will have a global impact.
- Maintain an understanding and foresight of technology advances, market trends, and competitive products.
- Plan innovative changes to existing designs or conceptual thinking to new designs
- Define validation requirements for battery systems, plan tests requiring innovative approaches, and review results for design compliance, and oversee engineering evaluations of battery systems (including battery cell chemistry evaluation and selection).
- Direct the assembly, testing and application of prototypes. Monitor field performance.
- Lead discussions with both internal and external customers and suppliers related to problem areas and new products.
- Oversee the relationships with key test facilities and research partners
- Recognize and document new intellectual property that differentiates products
- Give presentations internally, to customers, and at industry meetings
- Provide technical expertise and direction to Regulatory team related to battery standards and regulations
- Provide specifications and analysis for battery thermal management systems (TMS)
- Develop and maintain understanding of the battery management systems (BMS), including necessary operational analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, material science, chemistry, or other related battery field (required)
- Advanced degree related to battery technology (desired)
- 5+ years’ experience in advanced (lithium ion) battery design, research, and/or testing (desired)
- 5+ years’ experience with industrial machinery, mobile equipment, or construction/mining industry (desired)
- Proficient with battery analytical tools (e.g. CFD) (desired)
- Flexible and strong communicator, comfortable with presenting to customers, industry peers, and leadership throughout the organization (required)
- Ability to travel to facilities, suppliers, conferences, and customer sites that include surface and underground locations
After the first 90 days, this position is remote 3 days a week, and onsite 2 days a week just south of Cranberry, PA.
Powered by JazzHR