Trek Travel provides global multi-day cycling vacations of a lifetime with the goal of helping more people explore and experience the world by bike. We are looking to hire a Bike Mechanic to our Logistics Team in Madison, Wisconsin. The Bike Mechanic will be responsible for providing our cycling guides with the best equipment and operational support.
The Bike Mechanic must possess a wide variety of skills including thorough understanding of repairs, braking systems, strong organizational and communication skills, and a strong eye for details. This is your opportunity to join the Trek Travel team and leave your mark on our company, on the active travel industry and on the world at large.
POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:?
- Daily coordination and reporting with the North American Logistics Manager.
- Repairs and overhauls of our bike fleet both road and e-bikes.
- Tracking of maintenance items on a bike-by-bike basis.
- Loading and unloading equipment and bikes from vans and trailers.?
- Tracking service inventory in our inventory management system.?
- Receiving, and inventorying of bikes, parts, and equipment on a as needed basis.?
- Boxing and shipping of bikes and equipment.?
- The day-to-day organization of the Madison warehouse, uphold and exceed the standards set for organization and stocking, own the space.?
- Tracking and Reporting – As needed in MS Excel, Word, PBI and NetSuite.?
- Be a role model for the company culture and standards.?
WHAT ELSE WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:?
- 2+ years of bike mechanics; understanding of Shimano Di2 and Hydraulic Road braking systems a must.?
- Valid Driver’s license with passenger endorsement and Passport to travel throughout the US and Europe when required.
- You believe in the importance of hospitality and customer service, recognizing customers are all around.?
- You rock a positive, solution-oriented attitude and always ask “How can I help?”?
- You exude fun and flexibility while contributing to the overall success of the Logistics Team.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.?
- Expert attention to detail, efficiency and works with a sense of urgency.?
- Takes initiative to continuously improve processes and is solution oriented.?
- Availability Monday-Friday – schedule may flex to include evening and weekend hours depending on time of year.?
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to take extra steps and precautions to keep our staff and guests safe. We require all Trek Travel staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the first day of work, with the exception of a medical or religious exemption.
TREK TRAVEL OFFERS:?
- A fast paced, casual, fun, and flexible company culture where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued??
- Competitive Paid Time Off package??
- 401(k) with company match??
- Employee discounts and industry discounts??
At Trek Travel, we think outside the box, continuously improve, encourage feedback, and give it all we got, all the time, no exceptions. This is a part-time non-exempt position based in Madison, Wisconsin, and reports to the Logistics Manager. Interest in the active travel industry is beneficial, but not necessary.
If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to help shape Trek Travel’s future, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application!?
Powered by JazzHR