Description Mid – Sr. Level Java Developer (100% Remote – Multiple Openings)
United States (100% Remote)
$100,000/yr. – $130,000/yr. – Full-time Mid to Senior Level
The Software Engineer & Sr. Software Engineer will join an agile development team responsible for our web applications, special projects and/or supporting tools. Candidates should be passionate about code quality and software excellence, with extensive development experience. Collaborating closely with other engineers, architects, and team members is a must.
- Build user interface and server-side components using approved frameworks producing quality code.
- Participate in design and code reviews suggesting improvements and troubleshooting.
- Work with other team members at the architecture, design, and code levels to ensure standards-based, high performance systems.
- Actively participate at internal community of practice events to help with continuous learning
- Perform all work in accordance with company’s quality programs, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge of popular software development processes, i.e., agile, scrum, feature driven development.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects within a mature production system.
- Working knowledge in distributed systems, service-oriented architecture, micro service frameworks and relational databases preferably with exposure to stored procedures.
- Test driven development.
- Experience with Java Platform (SE & EE), testing frameworks like Selenium or Cucumber, XML, Restful APIs, client-side scripting, ORM frameworks and MVC frameworks.
- Past work with Java messaging is a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, think critically and problem solve, learn new technologies and adapt to change.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout organization.
Other Essential Requirements
- 5-7 years’ experience as a software engineer with a strong development background.
- College degree in Computer Science, certifications, or experience.