The McLane Travel Team Driver is an opportunity for experienced Class A Delivery Drivers to support McLane facilities and customers across the nation with the accurate and timely distribution of grocery/food staples,
grocery/food specialty products and convenience store/restaurant supplies.
Candidates MUST Have: Current Class-A CDL, at least 2 years of delivery driver experience for a food distribution company (driving a reefer truck,) experience unloading with ramp/dolly and electric pallet jacks, and good work longevity.
- $3,200/week guaranteed, 10 weeks off per year
- Travel to assigned locations and work a 4 weeks on / 1 week off schedule.
- Drive tractor trailer and unload product at multiple customer locations.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction including on-time delivery of undamaged product.
- Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations.
- Unload trailer and deliver product into customer premises.
- Use approved procedures and equipment (Driver Delivery Handheld), document delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 2 years or 50,000 miles tractor-trailer experience Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to read, understand, and interpret an extensive variety of related written instructions.
- Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, teammates, and customers.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules.
- Insure attendance and punctuality within company standards.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Must be able to drive tractor trailer safely in adverse weather conditions, including darkness, rain, wind, snow, or ice.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
- Must be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
- Must be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.