We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Join us as a Nurse Intern and gain valuable hands on experience while in nursing school and set yourself up for success as a Graduate Nurse!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Intern like you to be a part of our team.
Nurse Intern positions are a great opportunity for nursing students! You get to work one on one with a nurse – Nurses volunteer to be preceptors, and they gladly share their know-how, while promoting a safe space for learning. Anytime there is a learning experience on the unit, preceptors will try to get you involved in some way or allow you to observe.
About this unit:
- We provide a tremendous opportunity for upper-level nursing students to successfully transfer from educational to clinical settings.
- Internships also provide the opportunity to explore various nursing fields to identify best career fits
- Work a minimum of two shifts in a four week schedule. Flexible shifts of 12, 8 or 4 hours. Earn an additional 4 hours of shadow time on any unit of your choice when you work 24 hours in a 4-week schedule. Explore all areas of nursing to best prepare for your Graduate Nurse career.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- Junior in accredited school of nursing with completion of fundamentals of nursing.
- BLS certification required upon hire and maintained.
- Experience may be obtained through a Basic Fundamentals of Nursing course at an accredited school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
- Must be able to commit to the Minimum Two Shifts in a Four-week schedule.
- Paid Internship with opportunity to interview early for consideration of Graduate Nurse Positions.
- Flexible Orientation is offered to work around school schedule
- Only One application is needed to be considered for any unit and any HCA Hospital.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more? Contact Lead Recruiter for Graduate Nurse Programs, Johna Koelzer at Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com