Requisition ID: 295261
Site: Simkin Centre
Department / Unit: Nursing
Posting Category: Clinical
Position Status: Casual
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Welcome to our home. Above all else, that’s what The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre is-a home. It’s a sparkling, 200-bed facility in south Winnipeg where people who can no longer live independently come to live their remaining years in dignity and with professional care, in a robust and friendly social The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre is a not-for-profit, government-funded facility that honours Jewish values and traditions while welcoming seniors of all backgrounds.
- Affordable staff meals in our onsite cafe
- Regular Staff Appreciation events
- Employee Assistance Program
- HEPP Pension
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating/planning resident care on their designated units on an ongoing regular basis.
- Directs all levels of nursing staff on the designated shift by ensuring that optimal quality of care is provided to all residents.
- Fosters the client-focused multi-disciplinary team approach to resident care.
- Practices within the CRNM standards of nursing care, Simkin Centre standards and the CNA code of ethics.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Current registration in the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Bachelor of Nursing degree an asset.
- Continuing education courses related to gerontology, ethics, leadership, behavioural management skills, psychiatry or general upgrading in current nursing skills are an asset.
- Current certification in Heart Saver or B.C.L.S.
- C.N.A. certification in Gerontology an asset.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred three years experience in Geriatric and/or Rehabilitative Nursing.
- Must possess good organization and communication skills.
- Must have a high level of human relations and communication skills.
- Must have a good performance and attendance record.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated and progressive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination upon hire (medical exemptions may occur on a case-by-case basis)