Requisition ID: 314866
Position Number: 20026971
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: Resource Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 11.63
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $29.444, $30.409, $31.360, $32.517, $33.574, $34.760, $35.995, $37.075
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing professional practical nursing services to designated patients, including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, collaboration and interaction within the healthcare team and participation in the coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Recent, related, experience in the applicable clinical area may be required, or preferred.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Education program required.
- Certification in IV Therapy; IV Medication Administration.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Licensed Practical Nurses Act.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to the clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Rotating shifts and weekends may be required.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.