Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Alden Estates of Naperville
This is a Contract-Staffs
position in Naperville, IL
posted January 24, 2023.
LPN $8,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Responsible to provide direct nursing care to the customer, and to supervise the day-to- day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN or LPN in the State of Illinois and/or Wisconsin.
- Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in care of the aged.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with customers, family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, and customers in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the day.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Accepts and supports as directed by appropriate authority. This may require different floor, customers, workload, and multiple tasks as assigned.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden for a respective unit.
- Assume all Nursing procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Directly supervise and instruct the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden on a number of topics to promote job knowledge.
- Ensure all the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
- Attends and actively participates in customer care plan conference as directed.
- Report all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their family to the Administrator.
- Counsel/discipline nursing personnel as requested or as necessary.
- Make daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing required duties, and to ensure appropriate procedures are being followed. Make physical rounds to all customers daily. Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs.
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Place orders for medications and treatments as necessary following established budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize PCC 24-hour summary concerning recommendations/concerns related to customer care needs.
- Fill out complete accident/incident reports.
- Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
- Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the customer, as well as the customer’s response to the care.
- Complete required assessments upon the customer’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physicians’ Order Form and P.O.S.
- Record new/changed diet orders. Forward information to the Dietary Department.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with our established Charting and Documentation Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for completion of admission, discharge, and transfer processes.
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments if appropriate as ordered by the physician.
- Review medication record for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician’s order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, care of the dead/dying, etc., as required.
- Participate in the orientation of new customers/family members to the facility.
- Arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician.
- Notify the customer’s attending physician and family when there is a change in the customer’s conditions.
- Obtain sputum, urine and other lab tests as ordered.
- Take and record TPR’s, blood pressures, accuchecks, etc., as necessary.
- Contact the customer’s physician for:
- Nursing assessment of change of condition.
- Medication orders or charges.
- To inform of incidents.
- To report abnormal results of Lab and X-ray.
- Anything else pertinent to the customers’ care and well-being.
- Ensure the nurses’ notes and monthly summaries reflect the care plan and is being followed.
- Attend staff meetings, etc., as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.