Associated Engineering Ltd
– (CV_EIT.28) Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Job Title Civil Engineer-in-Training Location Victoria Office
– Victoria, BC V9B 4C6 CA (Primary) Category Infrastructure Job Type About Us We are an employee-owned, Canadian company that is passionate about building communities that are vibrant, healthy, and resilient and support economic growth.
Sustainability is part of every project we undertake, and how we operate our business.
Focused locally, we offer uncompromising service to public and private sector clients across Canada and abroad.
We proudly have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 14 consecutive years and a Platinum Club member.
This award recognizes our technical excellence, business performance, innovation, dedication to our staff, and involvement in the community.
We have also been a Carbon Neutral Company since 2009 and have EcoAction initiatives across the company.
We know it takes dedicated, talented individuals working together to consistently deliver high-quality work and service to our clients.
We achieve this by promoting collaboration, investing in our people, and fostering a culture that engages and inspires our people to be their best, maximize their potential, and think creatively while applying best practices.
If you have what it takes, we want you to join us Our commitment to you: At Associated Engineering, we have a diverse workforce and teamwork philosophy.
We are committed to the growth and careers of our people, and we take great care in hiring the right people to join our team for the long term.
Our unique workplace culture has been what setting us apart and we provide:
• A hybrid work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
• Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal professional development program, mentoring programs, training opportunities, and professional designation support.
• An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office and offers subsidized tickets to local events.
• Company supported wellness program that include lunch and learns on various topics.
We currently have an opening for a Civil Engineer-in-Training in our Victoria office.
We primarily work on civil infrastructure projects including: municipal linear infrastructure (sewer, water, storm systems; roadworks, pathways, parks); Land Development (subdivision design, site servicing for commercial and multi-family); and institutional facilities (schools, care facilities, universities and sports facilities).
• Acting as an Engineer-in-Training on assignments with the assistance of Senior Engineers.
• Coordinating with technicians and designers to ensure that drawings are accurately prepared and checked.
• Preparing written technical reports including, but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and design criteria reports.
• Performing engineering calculations for sizing and designing water, sewer and drainage systems.
• Performing construction administration/inspection.
• Assisting in the preparation of contract documents.
• Communicating with clients, contractors and outside consultants.
• Assisting Project Managers with the preparation of budgets and schedules.
• Participating in marketing strategies and business development, including assisting in the preparation of proposals.
• Communicating effectively and clearly; both verbally and in writing with clients, approving authorities and other consultants.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently with assistance from senior engineering staff.
The core requirements for the role are exemplary communication skills and strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of civil design.
Experience in the design of water, sanitary and storm sewer system, as well as road and site grading design are an asset.
The successful candidate will assist in the design, project management and contract administration of a wide variety of projects including small and large scale municipal developments, civil site development and municipal rehabilitation projects.
You will have hands-on involvement in preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents and will also participate in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, inspection and contract administration for civil infrastructure projects.
You will also be involved in business development and preparation of proposals.
In addition, you will interact with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants.
The position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth as you will be involved in many wide ranging and varied projects.
Travel will be required at times based on project requirements.
• An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited post secondary institution.
• Eligible for or Registered with EGBC as an EIT.
• Relevant experience in the undertaking of design, technical writing, cost estimating and construction.
• Proven technical skills.
• Committed team player.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
Education Bachelor’s Degree AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.