Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is a transportation engineering firm on a mission to connect and enhance communities. We are passionate about transportation’s power to positively impact people’s lives and bring joy and fulfillment to our employees. We are looking for Indvidual’s to join our team that want to be a part of transforming the communities we live and work in.
If you are a motivated, ambitious, experienced track designer and project manager with 5–20 years’ experience we welcome you to apply to join our growing Rail Services Team.
Remote work opportunities are available and will be considered on a case-by-case basis
What You Will Be Doing
- Class 1 Railroad, track design and project management of new and maintenance related track projects.
- Leading the preparation of plans, reports, and specifications for track projects. Familiarity with railroad formats and practice is preferred.
- Managing all aspects of track design projects including client contact, fee estimates, permitting, project coordination, survey coordination, ROW and property ownership coordination, invoicing, risk review, procurement, construction observation and project close out.
- Act as an owner representative where you engage the public and private stakeholders throughout the evolution of a complex multi-discipline project.
- Serving as the rail services track expert on larger interdisciplinary projects.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Mentoring Junior level staff
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
Salary Range $70,000 – $130,000 Annual
Skills, education & experience you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited school is preferred. Equivalent work experience may also be acceptable.
- Minimum 5-15 years of previous track design experience.
- Working knowledge of AREMA design and maintenance recommendations and proficient in applicable track design software.
- Expert in MicroStation, and other applicable software common to the field of track design.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining tight schedules and changing project priorities.
- Detail focus with an ability to develop new skills in accordance with client needs.
- Ability to manage/lead diverse teams of engineers, planners, designers, and contractors is preferred but not required.
- Well versed in rail client design standards and expected CAD deliverables.
- Project Management experience required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PE or equivalent design experience
At FHU we seek to provide a benefits package that helps our team maintain a healthy work-life balance – a concept that is a guiding principle for us. Employees enjoy benefits including:
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible schedules & Remote works options
- Professional and career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration fees.
FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of internal committees which include groups such as the Technology Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored events throughout the year.