Job Title: Tax Support Location: Onsite Spartanburg, SC 29307 Duration: 6 month ( Flexibility is a MUST Must be available to work the hours M-F anytime between 9am-9pm, with 2 Saturdays per month.
Each shift is about 8 hours.
Training hours will be between 9am to approximately 5pm M-F.) Pay: $15.25/hr.
with bonus Job Summary: Provide verbal and written tax support to company owned branches.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes an extensive training program utilizing classroom, online, and software based learning
• Provides telephone support to branch employees and Supervisors regarding tax law, tax software, tax forms, correct signature and dating of paperwork, bank product paperwork, and other various administrative support
• Maintains log of incoming and outgoing calls in the Help Desk program
• Assists branch personnel in completing individual federal and state income tax returns using Drake Tax Software
• Reviews form related to tax preparation scanned in from branches to ensure proper data entry
• Assists branch personal with rejected tax returns
• Reviews various tax return related documents including internal forms, IRS, State, and Bank Product related compliance documents utilizing KOFAX validation and the OnBase and Home Office systems; Determines if the forms meet required standards; Communicates with branches on unacceptable documents and assist with correction
• Assists with random bank audits
• Assists with internal random audits including specific return types, various paperwork and IRS Due Diligence Requirements
• Assists with processing of various bank products offerings and disbursements (debit cards, check printing)
• Assists with Tax prep collections – including e-Complish
• Assist with special projects as assigned
• Prompt and regular attendance is required Job Requirements:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and extended hours, including Saturdays as needed (Temps will work an 8-hour shift (with the potential of overtime depending on call volume) somewhere between the times of 9am-9pm M-F and potentially 5-7 hours on Saturdays as requested by Tax Manager.
• Knowledge of word processing, grammatical rules, and clerical formats
• Computer literate (i.e.
Word and Excel) with data entry experience a plus
• Ability to work in a high-paced environment and remain detailed, organized, and courteous
• Customer Service experience in a call center environment a plus
• Bookkeeping/math background a plus
• English/Spanish bilingual a plus Physical Requirements: This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Requires the ability to operate a ten-key calculator, fax, and copier.
Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
High call volume and phone time requires the ability to operate a standard phone and communicate verbally.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
Extensive training will be provided.