Grade 12 education (MB Standards) required *
Completion of a recognized Business Administration Certificate or Human Resources Certificate *
Two (2) years of previous experience in a Human Resources Field *
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered *
Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health *
Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology *
Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability *
Demonstrated ability in maintaining effective interpersonal working relationships required *
Demonstrated critical thinking skills required *
Demonstrated sound organizational skills, and the ability to work independently *
Demonstrated written and oral communication skills *
Demonstrated professional and personal commitment for professional development, lifelong learning and continuing education *
Maintains a professional manner at all times *
Ability to prioritize in a changing environment *
Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population *
Ability to respect and promote confidentiality *
Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The Human Resources Assistant is a member of the Compensation and Benefits Team and is primarily responsible for the functioning of the department in the areas of Personnel Administration. The Human Resources Assistant functions in a confidential capacity in matters relating to labour relations.
- Assist and support all aspects of recruitment.
- Responsible for entries in the Human Resources Information System specific to new hire demographics, demographic changes for existing employees, new hire pre-employment checks, work permit entries, performance conversations/review dates, and competencies requiring entry.
- Responsible to complete vacancy postings and distribution pursuant to collective agreements or relevant policy.
- Responsible to complete screening and summary information for all competition closings and to process internal hiring documents to facilitate staffing, including letters of offer where applicable.
- Prepare and distribute successful candidate reports.
- Complete new hire on-boarding and benefit sign-on.
- Administer benefit changes for existing employees, including leave of absence packages.
- Liaison with the internal Benefit Primary designate and the employee benefit programs to resolve benefit program questions and discrepancies.
- Maintains personnel files in facility based Human Resources offices.
- Provide support to employees with human resource questions and requests for information including letters to verify employment.
- Works internally with senior management and department supervisors to trouble shoot and navigate database applications.
- Manages PMH Careers website inquiries and requests for assistance from the general public.
- Project implementation as required.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Completes other duties as assigned.