Kamatics Corp. Defunct
Senior Accounting AnalystRequisition ID 2022-7297Category AccountingSegment Kaman AerospaceShift Shift 1# of Openings 1OverviewWe have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounting Analyst.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting the Senior Accounting Analyst will be responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting packages and other higher level accounting activities.
Follows standard procedures, processes and schedules as established by the Accounting process owner.
Maintains a continuous improvement and learning mindset.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Reviews month-end closing activities including sub-ledger reconciliations, journal entries, balance sheets, cost allocations and account reconciliations.
Prepares and analyzes month-end financial statements, including US GAAP adjustments for foreign subsidiaries.
– Tracks capital spending and administers the fixed assets system.
– Monitors and reconciles intercompany transactions and settlements.
– Is the audit liaison with the company’s public auditors and other agency or internal auditors.
Collaborates appropriately, identifies and resolves operating issues, and completes in a timely manner.
Identifies and resolves system issues and generates reports to document.
– Works collaboratively with payroll and other functional groups within the business to gather or provide information and address questions/problems.
Provides assistance to lower level accountants concerning general accounting issues, as necessary.
– Is supportive of and participates in continuous improvement projects; takes advantage of tools and programs that will increase the accuracy and efficiency of accounting practices.
– May work on general accounting or financial planning and analysis special projects.
Makes presentations to staff within the business and/or company management, as needed.QualificationsEducation and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting discipline; CPA preferred.
– 7 years of related experience in manufacturing or aerospace preferred.
– Understanding of US GAAP, internal controls and related regulations.
– Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (e.G.
V-Look Up and Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint.
– Possesses and maintains good organizational skills and detail orientation.
– Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
Good verbal and written communications skills needed.
– Uses good judgement and discretion; is able to ask questions and raise issues/concerns constructively and in a timely manner.#KAM#LI-KR1Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action EmployerKaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all.
Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process.
Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).Positions at Kaman require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
These laws limit access rights for non-US Persons or other unauthorized individuals.
Therefore, applicants may be required to provide proof of U.S.
Permanent Residence, or U.S.
All such inquiries are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.PI196785180